Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Just Days Away

As I sit here in my hotel room in Kampala, Uganda, having been here several days, I am excited to have a team from Victory join me next week. I have found the people of Uganda to be very gentle, laid back and soft spoken. They are hungry for the Word of God! The needs are many but people are hopeful. I have been interviewing many kids from around the country who have been impacted by the Book of Hope. It has been a huge blessing to encourage these new believers in their faith, several of whom were Muslim. I can not wait for the team to arrive to share ministry with them as we reach more children, encourage pastors and help with the physical needs of the people in the North through Adonai Partners. Please cover the team in prayer, everyday. There will be more joining us from MD, NY and Nigeria. 

The long flight starts very early Tuesday July 19th and I will meet them on this side on Wed, July 20th just after noon-time. The time difference is 7hrs, so jet lag will be a factor for a few days. The vegetation is tropical as the equator runs through Uganda but the temperatures are very comfortable in the high 70s-low 80s. However, the mosquitoes have taken a liking to me.   

We will post here as often as internet allows. Feel free to leave comments for team members.
~Kim



1 comment:

  1. Be safe Maggie! Miss you already!!! Can't wait to hear how you are. :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete